Saturday, August 15, 2009

Speaking London? Yes No Orait (All right) Tengkiu (Thank You)

My previous entries were 99% in Malay. I might have been unfair to my fellow friends who doesn't speak or read Malay (yeah, like they do read my blog, whatever). so today, i decided to write something in English, a language that i used to love to use but unfortunately rarely use in my daily life nowadays. Ironically, i'm an English teacher! why so? Because, for the past 3 years, i've been teaching English in Malay. How?? It's my last resort, to make them (my students) understand, and become interested to learn English, a language which is not their mother tongue, a language that for them is hard to understand.
-----------------------------
My students aren't those who speak english in their daily life, does not read english unless they are forced to or have to. Unbelievably, they even willing to restrain from going to the toilet during English class, just because they refuse to speak in English to ask permission to go out. Walhal, ayat tu ayat yang sama deme guna sejak drjh 1 lg: Please teacher may i go out. Nak sebut ayat 6 perkataan ni pun sampai ketar lutut, sanggup tahan kencing dr gi toilet. Haiii...
------------------------------
Now, English teacher might worried with what the goverment might come up with, as the result of the recent Pemansuhan PPSMI. They already started debating and brainstorming on PBI (Pengajaran Bahasa Inggeris). Yes! All English teachers, we are in trouble...huhuhuu..
-------------------------------
I used to work in a private sector, where English is the medium of communication. Everyone around me speak english. Most of them are foreigners. Alhamdulillah, because of that my English is much betterr ( or 'was' much better). But then, it is also because English was one of my favourite subject. I always scored A1 for English. Back In SM Sains Selangor, I was in Set 1 (Top Class for English; Add Math Set 2) out of 7 sets if i'm not mistaken.
-------------------------------
For me, the young generation should be very thankful because they are surrounded with all the resources that they need to learn English and to improve English. But, the problem is, they do not use all the resources that they have to learn or to improve their English proficiency.
Allah telah berfirman, yang lebih kurang bunyinya; Allah tidak akan merubah nasib sesuatu kaum tu, kecuali mereka ingin merubah nasib mereka sendiri.
-----------------------------
Wallahua'lam bis sawab..
----------------------------

No comments: